Okay, so it's different for me, cos my mum's psychic, and well, to be honest, a bit of a witch. But everyone can have fun sometimes with a little bit of twitchy witchy magic!
1. Make yourself
your own work of art!
Why should everyone have to be the same? You can create your own style, just like me.
Play around with clothes in your room. Mix stuff together that wouldn't normally go. Like black and red stripy over-the-knee socks with a frilly pink tutu. See how it feels.
And if you don't like my kinda style? Make up your own.
2. Got a crush – wondering
if he's THE ONE? Then try this!
For max fun do this with your bezzies. You'll need an apple each and a peeler.
Now close the curtains, turn the lamps down and try to peel the apple skin off in one long strip!
Wait till you've each got your own bit of peel, stand in a different bit of the room, then throw it over your shoulder as you say the following rhyme:
By the day and by the night
By the dark and by the light
By the stars and by the moon
Name the boy who'll make me swoon
Now turn round and look at your bit of peel – it should spell the first letter of your true love's name!
3. Cook up some witchy
spells and charms!
Spells can be to summon up good things as well as protecting against bad things.
Why not make up some secret spells of your own for you and your friends?
Make sweet spells using all the beautiful things you can think of, like seashells and stardust sherbet. Or wicked spells - using nasty, yucky things like frogspawn and toenails!
List your ingredients, give instructions as to what to do with them -you know, boil, simmer, bake, that sort of thing - then make up a rhyme to recite.
And abracadabra! You have your very own spell!
4. Be a secret Fair Godmother
Here's the easiest and best way ever to cheer yourself up. Be a secret fairy godmother! We all know Cinderellas. So do little things to help them out, or leave them a tiny gift you've made – but don't let on it was you. Then sit back and watch how the feel-good factor cheers them – and you up!
5. Get in the
Stressed? Over-excited? Need to calm down? Try this. For max impact, choose somewhere quiet and calm where you feel safe and can be totally alone.*
- Have a special object. Something small. Like a pebble you found at the beach, a beautiful shell, a crystal, or maybe an ornament someone you love gave to you.
- Now sit quietly, relax your body, and stare intently at it.
- Look at its details. Clear your mind of everything else. Stare at it! Try to see right inside it. How beautiful and special it is.
- If your mind wanders to your worries, tug it right back to your fave object.
- Feel your breathing settle into a gentle rhythm. Float on it, like it's a wave, or a cloud.
- Then after ten minutes, YAY, you'll be ready to get back into the FUNZONE!
Variation: Go outside. Stare at the sky. Lose yourself in the blue, or the clouds, or the twinkling stars. Even in the falling raindrops. Feel yourself rooted to the earth. Think how wonderful it all is!
* Make a special CORDELIA SAYS KEEP OUT OR ELSE sign for your bedroom door! Decorate it with witchy bats and stars and witches' hats.
That should do the trick!